Sunday 13 January 2008

AUSOUG 2008 Conference Dates

I received my "speaker thank you" letter for my 2007 AUSOUG conference presentation last week. One tidbit of information in the letter that other speakers and delegates may be interested in is the 2008 AUSOUG Conference Dates. To quote the letter:

"The total number of people attending the conference series (Perth and Melbourne) exceeded our 2006 attendances making the 2007 series a most successful one to date. We have high expectations for the 2008 Conference Series that will be held at Sheraton Perth Hotel 6-7 October 2008 followed by Conrad Jupiters, Gold Coast from 13-14 October 2008."

This puts the AUSOUG conference series once again just after OOW which will be in September this year. I've also been trying to confirm one rumour I've heard that the NZOUG is planing a New Zealand conference just after the AUSOUG conference, which is a great plan to pick up any international speakers flying home from the East Coast of Australia.

Regards the Gold Coast conference, for those who don't know Australia, the Gold Coast is approx 1-2 hours drive south of Brisbane, the capital of Queensland on the (North) East Coast of Australia.

If (assuming I'm invited back) and when I receive the AUSOUG call for papers I'll publish that here too.

No comments: